Bardstown Road Presbyterian Church (BRP) was the outgrowth of a mission Sunday School under the auspices of the Highland Presbyterian Church. The school was opened in September 1906 in a small building fronting on an alley near Baxter Avenue and Duker. The record shows there were "51 scholars and 45 visitors present." Within a few months, the plot of ground on the corner of Bardstown Road and Deerwood Avenue was bought and a frame building was erected. The Building cost $1,500. The Highland church expended about $3,000 in all for the lot, building and supporting work. The church was dedicated on July 12, 1908. The offering of $230 covered the balance due on the building. The "new" building cornerstone was laid in October of 1912. Since then, a number of changes have been made to that structure.
Click on a small image to see it full size.